Walgreen (Mt.Vernon, IL)
Responsible for leading assigned function area, which includes daily productivity/output of specific functions within assigned function area based on daily distribution center volume and KPI (Key Performance Indicator) information. Responsible for leading the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement.
- Performs daily team member functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading, and receiving. Leads team members in a designated department in the Distribution Center (DC). Motivates team member’s performance for productivity and quality.
- Communicates essential information to enforce distribution center policy guidelines.
- Assists in building/cultivating morale and loyalty of team members. Encourages participation of team members in DC activities and special events.
- Recommends methods of operational improvement within the function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within the area of responsibility.
- Leads performance and actions taken by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above standard levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) under their responsibility.
- Assists in management of area, including but not limited to assignment of work, manpower scheduling for needs of designated area to cover team member vacations, turnover and DC volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Utilizes system computer applications for proper operation and reports.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, leads and coordinates team member. Monitors team members for compliance with company policies & procedures. Ensures team member compliance with Safety Program.
- May mentor team members through on-the-job training. May perform new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklist. May assist in performance of 15 minute Observe, Coach, Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a distribution and/or production environment.
- Experience analyzing operational reports.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Associate’s OR Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- Experience working with Statistical Process Control (SPC) tracking, AS400, SortView, or Integrated Staffing Solutions (ISS).
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
To Apply: Please apply online at Walgreens.com by Tuesday, December 31, 2013. Please attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
Walgreens is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes individuals of diverse talents and backgrounds. Walgreens promotes and supports a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.